Hello everybody,

So this is a late post of my wednesday workout, which i was dreading since i usually hit the legs very hard and my muscles become very sore for the following 3-4 days. But hey, that’s the price you gotta pay for striving to achieve big things, right?

So i started my workout by warming my legs up doing a 5 minute light cardio and some explosive stretches to prepare the leg muscles for the up-coming workout. I didn’t take my usual pre-workout supplement mix, because i usually get a huge pump from leg workouts, so didn’t need more than that.

So let’s go to my workout:

*Barbell squats

Squat exercise

Squat exercise

Set 1: 12 reps of 80kg/176lbs

Set 2: 10 reps of 90kg/198lbs

Set 3: 8 reps of 100kg/220lbs

Set 4: 8 reps of 110kg/243lbs

Set 5: 8 reps of 120kg/265lbs

Set 6: 8 reps of 130kg/287lbs

*Sumo squat (variation of normal squat, with wide stance and feet pointing outwards towards where your knees are pointing, will post a picture of this also).

3 sets of 8-10 reps with 90kg/198lbs

*Barbell lunges

Lunge exercise

Lunge exercise

3 sets of 8 reps/per leg with 50kg/110lbs

Note. Gotta be careful with the weights in this exercise as you can easily pull a hamstring muscle,trust me as it has happened to me a few times.

Seated leg press machine

Leg press

Leg press

Only 2 sets of 10 reps, didn’t really pay attention to the weight as i was feeling the machine out, since it was a seated leg press. I usually do the traditional leg press. I went fairly heavy though, that i wouldn’t be able to do 12 reps with the weights.

Leg extension machine

Leg extensions for quads

Leg extensions for quads

3 sets of 12 reps with 50-60kg/110-132lbs on the weight rack, increasing towards the last set. I wasn’t trying to go really heavy anymore at this point, just trying to get the feel and develop the peak, just above the knees.

After finishing the hardest part being the quads and hamstrings, i finished the workout session with 2 different calf exercises, which are the following:

Standing calf raise machine

Standing calf raises

Standing calf raises

4 sets of 12 reps with 120kg/265lbs on the weight rack

Note. I would do the reps in two motion phase, first i would do 60 % of the full motion, then squeeze the remaining 40% after a split second pause. I have come to experience that this brings the peak out of my calves much better and i get a better burn through this.

Seated calf raise machine

Seated calf raises

Seated calf raises

5 sets of 12 reps with 80kg/176lbs on the weight rack

Note. As mentioned previously in the standing calf raises, i would also do this exercise in a two motion phase to get a better burn and higher calf peak with that.

So that was it for my legs and calves workout, i was very tired at the end of the workout. I had been at the beach all day long, so needed rest badly.

Good news!!! I got videos of most of those exercises mentioned above, so very soon i will post them here. From now on, i will try to have videos of most of my workouts.

Copyright: Illustrative gif pictures are courtesy of http://www.exrx.net. I will post pics of exercises that i will have taken myself soon and videos will be posted regularly from now on.